Fine furniture finishes are resistant to minor everyday hazards; however,
some precautions are necessary to maintain the beauty of your wood furniture.
- Dust with a soft, clean cloth slightly moistened with water, and dry completely with another clean cloth, always rubbing with the grain.
- Use of Guardsman furniture products is recommended to clean and wax the wooden surfaces. Guardsman Wood Cleaner or revitalizing Wood Polish is recommended to clean and beautify the surface.
- Silicone based polishes are not recommended for any fine heirloom furniture pieces.
- Avoid contact with hot dishes, burning substances and harsh solvents such as nail polish or alcohol.
- Use pads beneath accessories and when writing or eating.
- Remove moisture spills and smudges immediately.
- Do not leave pliable plastic materials including rubber, silicone or vinyl on a wood surface; they can damage the finish.
- Do not place furniture near heat outlets, windows, or in direct sunlight.
- Do NOT roll dining table-tops on their edge.